Emily G. Kurtz MD, MSCI
About Emily G. Kurtz
Emily G. Kurtz, MD, is a cardiologist and internist whose internal medicine practice leverages her expertise in cardiovascular disease prevention and management. An advocate for preventive wellness and personalized medicine, she collaborates with her patients to create care plans that help them optimize their health and achieve their health goals.
After completing residency training in internal medicine and fellowship training in cardiovascular medicine, she achieved board certification in both. She spent the first part of her career practicing cardiology and served as Director of Preventive Cardiology for Vanderbilt Heart and Vascular Institute from 2007 to 2016.
In 2018, Kurtz accepted her current role as Medical Director of Executive Wellness and Concierge Medicine in an effort to broaden the scope of her practice from subspecialty cardiology to more comprehensive preventive health and to develop a non-traditional medical practice model for patients seeking more direct provider access and personalized patient care plans.
Areas of Expertise
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- General Cardiology
- Internal Medicine
- Preventive Cardiology
- Doctor of Medicine - University of Tennessee, 2000
- Internship, Internal Medicine - Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2001
- Residency, Internal Medicine - Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2003
- Master of Science in Clinical Investigation - Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2005
- Fellowship in Preventive Cardiology - Brigham and Women's Hospital - Harvard Medical School, 2006
- Fellowship in Cardiovascular Imaging - Massachusetts General Hospital, 2006
- Fellowship, Cardiovascular Medicine - Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2007